Timber Decking Boards
Available in a variety of lengths from 1.2m (4ft) to 4.8m (16ft) at incredibly low prices!
Timber Decking Boards
Timber Decking Boards are a wooden construction material that is often used outside for patios and decking areas.
Homeowners will often consider making decks from metals or other composite materials, but timber decking is the only material that has that rustic and solid appearance – naturally.
By opting for this type of decking, you create a relaxing outdoor space that has the look and feel of a holiday villa, yet you’re enjoying all of your home comforts.
We provide the highest quality softwood decking. The wood is pre-treated with preservatives to increase its lifespan. We ensure that our decking is free from knots so that you can enjoy a seamless and smooth finish.
As a bonus, our wood is FSC certified, which means all of the wood we use is responsibly sourced.
Timber Decking Information
Why Choose Timber Decking?
This material is one of the easiest ways to make your home feel extended to the great outdoors.
There are many benefits to using timber decking too.
- The beautiful outdoor timber deck can add value to your property.
- It is one of the most practical ways to have some outdoor family time. The durable wooden decking is ideal for busy families.
- You add a massive amount of visual appeal to the outside of your house. The warm look of the decking adds some elegance but with a modern twist.
- Wooden decking adds to the alfresco living lifestyle.
- Strength and durability when using timber decking, with a functional layout, you’ll have a deck to enjoy for years.
- It can help to hide unsightly items in your garden or help to smooth slopes and other uneven ground.
Timber Decking Maintenance Tips
The first thing you should do is get the best advice on your unique needs and give us a call on 020 8617 8979. We can answer all of your queries and help you get the right products and services.
Timber decking does require a little maintenance to keep it in great condition and remain safe to use.
The general care of your timber decking should consist of:
- At least once a week, be sure to sweep away dirt, fallen leaves and clean up any stains or dropped food.
- Depending on the season, scrub the deck down with wood-friendly cleaning products
- Check each month for any wear in the coating or paint of the deck
- Using the manufacturer’s advice to re-oil or stain as required.
- Our decking comes with a preservative to ensure you get maximum duration from your decking.
Calculate How Much Decking You Require
To work out how much decking you will need, you’ll need to measure the area. Start by measuring the length and the width. It gets more challenging with sites that aren’t square or rectangular.
Once you have the length and the width, you times the two numbers by each other.
As an example: 7mx5m= 35m2
You then need to know the lineal meters, so you take the squared meter number, in this case, 35m2, and divide it by the width of the decking boards.
It is essential to factor in a small gap between each timber deck plank and often add 10% on the total wastage.
Each of our 4.2m boards will cover 0.59m2.